As part of the territorial structuring of higher education, research and innovation (ESRI), the Université Savoie Mont Blanc is currently working on several important projects.
1- The structuring of ESR in an academic context
It is a question of agreeing a territorial coordination agreement with the new Grenoble Alpes University, which will appear on 1 January 2020.
2- The structuring of ESRI within a national framework
The aim is to deepen the privileged relationship with the University of Pau and the Pays de l'Adour, and the relations with the member universities of Alliance of Research and Training Universities (AUREF).
AUREF, based in Chambéry, has been chaired by the President of the USMB since December 2018. It brings together 35 institutions ranging in size from less than 5,000 to more than 30,000 students and hosts a total of nearly 600,000 students.
3- The structuring of ESRI in a cross-border context
It is a question of going ever further in relations with neighbouring Swiss and Italian institutions.
To get to the point:
- With Switzerland, the renewal of the agreement with HES-S0 in 2018 paved the way for research collaborations. Discussions are also underway with the University of Geneva (UNIGE) to this end.
- With Italy, relations are deepening in the field of training with the universities of Valle d'Aosta and Piedmont Oriental, and in all fields with the University of Turin (UNITO).
4- The structuring of ESRI within a European framework
This is the European university project submitted in partnership with the universities of Pau (France), Turin and Gran Sasso Science Institute (Italy), Zaragoza (Spain) and West Timisoara (Romania).
5- PIA, CPER and others
Within the framework of the national calls for projects, the USMB has been awarded several times:
- IDEFI : the ReFlexPro project brings together a group of actors around the theme of flexible learning methods;
- PIA 3 Disrupt'Campus : the Piton project initiated the process of bringing students and businesses together to meet the challenges of innovation and digital technology;
- PIA 3 "New University Curricula" (NCU): the @spire project commits the USMB to the pedagogical transformation of the first university cycle in the service of success;
- CPER: the credits obtained in this context make it possible to support the renovation of the three campuses.
Have been filed or will be filed in the near future:
- PIA 3 "Territories of pedagogical innovation": the USMB coordinated the submission of the dossier "Alliance du territoire pour l'orientation dans l'enseignement supérieur" (ATOS);
- PIA 3: within the framework of the call for proposals for university research schools (EUR), two dossiers are being prepared on the themes of lakes and solar energy;
- PIA 3: USMB is working on the submission of a "University and Research Societies" (SUR) file and is thus taking its first steps towards a devolution of its real estate assets;
- PIA 3: a reflection is underway with public authorities within the framework of the PAA "Highly ambitious innovation territories" (TIGA);