Within the framework of the territorial structuring of higher education, research and innovation (ESRI), the University of Savoie Mont Blanc is currently dealing with several important issues.
1- The structuring of the ESR in an academic framework
The aim is to agree on a territorial coordination agreement with the new Grenoble Alpes University which will appear on 1 January 2020.
2- The structuring of ESRI in a national framework
It is a question of deepening the privileged relationship with the University of Pau and the Pays de l'Adour, and the relations with the member universities of the Alliance of Research and Academic Universities academics (AUREF).
The AUREF, whose headquarters are in Chambéry, is chaired by the president of the USMB since December 2018. It brings together 35 institutions ranging in size from less than 5,000 to more than 30,000 students and welcomes a total of nearly 600,000 students.
3- The structuring of ESRI in a cross-border framework
It is a question of going ever further in relations with neighbouring Swiss and Italian establishments.
To get to the point:
- With Switzerland, the renewal of the agreement with UAS-S0 in 2018 has opened the way for research collaborations. Discussions are also being held with the University of Geneva (UNIGE) to this end.
- With Italy, relations are being deepened in the field of education academics with the universities of Valle d'Aosta and Piedmont, and in all areas with the University of Turin (UNITO).
4- Structuring ESRI in a European framework
This is the European university project submitted in partnership with the universities of Pau (France), Turin and Gran Sasso Science Institute (Italy), Zaragoza (Spain) and West Timisoara (Romania).
5- PIA, CPER and other
Within the framework of the national calls for projects, USMB has been awarded several times:
- IDEFI : the ReFlexPro project brings together a group of actors around the theme of flexible learning methods;
- PIA 3 Disrupt'Campus : the Piton project initiated the bringing together of students and businesses to meet the challenges of innovation and digital technology;
- PIA 3 "New Curricula in University" (NCU): The @spire project engages USMB in the pedagogical transformation of undergraduate education for success ;
- CPER: the credits obtained within this framework will make it possible to support the renovation of the three campuses.
Have been filed or will be filed shortly:
- PIA 3 "Territories of pedagogical innovation": the USMB coordinated the submission of the dossier "Alliance of Territories for Guidance in Higher Education" (ATOS) ;
- PIA 3: in the framework of the call for projects for university research schools (EUR), two dossiers are being prepared on the themes of lakes and solar energy;
- PIA 3 : USMB is working on the filing of a "University and Research Societies" (SUR) dossier and is thus taking its first steps towards the devolution of its real estate assets ;
- PIA 3: discussions are under way with public authorities in the framework of the PAA "Territoires d'innovation de grande ambition" (TIGA);