UNITA is organizing its very first thesis popularization competition called « My 3-min PhD Thesis, » inspired by the French model « Ma Thèse en 180 secondes ». For this inaugural edition, two doctoral candidates from LISTIC out of the five participants will take on the challenge by presenting their thesis in English, with the aim of doing so within just 3 minutes:
- Blandine PICHON – « Artificial Intelligence Methods to Aid in Measuring Sensory Disorders in Autism, » supervised by Mohammed-Reza SALAMATIAN, Stéphane PERRIN, Eric BENOIT, Sophie DONNADIEU (Laboratory of Psychology and NeuroCognition LPNC)
- Joyce DE SOUSA – « Planning and Management of Massive Territorial Deployment of Urban Solar Energies, » supervised by Lamia BERRAH and Martin THEBAULT (Laboratory of Energy Processes in Buildings LOCIE)
Participants will have the opportunity to present their work before a jury composed of professionals from various fields such as academia, economics, and media. The selection for the University Savoie Mont Blanc (USMB) will take place on Thursday, June 15, 2023, at 2 p.m. at IAE d’Annecy (Amphi 12).
To prepare for the competition, candidates will benefit from 12 hours of coaching and training, similar to the French version. These sessions will be conducted by Pascale BALLAND, in charge of scientific and technical cultural mission at USMB, as well as Jacques JAUSSAUD and Jean-Marc SOTIROPOULOS from the University of Pau and Pays de l’Adour (UPPA).
This formative experience will enable doctoral students to enhance their oral communication skills with an English-speaking audience. Through the UNITA Alliance, they will be able to give greater visibility to their research work, both in France and internationally.
Candidates will have the opportunity to present their work before a jury composed of professionals from the academic, economic, and media fields.
- Laurent Tabourot, Professor and researcher at the SYMME laboratory
- Elisa Pospieszny, Scientific Mediator at CCSTI La Turbine Sciences
- Théo Duchet, Journalist at Dauphiné Libéré
- Muriel Fadairo, Director of the Doctoral School « Cultures, Societies, Territories » at USMB
- Wilfried Liegard, Doctoral student at the SYMME laboratory and participant of the MT180 2022 edition
The jury will select two doctoral candidates who will have the opportunity to participate in the international final, which will take place in Pau on September 22, 2023. They will join other candidates selected by member universities of the UNITA alliance, including the Université de Pau et Pays de l’Adour (UPPA), the Università degli studi di Torino (Italy), the Universidad de Zaragoza (Spain), the Universidade da Beira Interior (Portugal), the Universitatea de Vest Din Timisoara (Romania), the Università degli studi di Brescia (Italy), the Universitatea Transilvania (Romania), and the Universidad Pública de Navarra (Spain).
You can review the performances of the LISTIC candidates (Ranya EL HADRI, Antoine BRALET, and Lynda FERRAGUIG) during the national preselection of the competition in February last year.