How to apply?

The way to apply to our university is different whether you are an exchange student or a freemover student.

What is a student in exchange? A student coming under different exchange programmes: ERASMUS+, ORA, BCI, ISEP, bilateral/multilateral agreements… but also students enrolled in double diplomas. 

What is a freemover student? A student who wants to come to Université Savoie Mont Blanc individually (ie outside the frame of an agreement between a foreign higher education institution and Université Savoie Mont Blanc. He/She will thus have the same status as French students.


In order to check if your university has an agreement with the Université Savoie Mont Blanc, please contact directly your international relations office.


When to apply for the academic year* 2018/2019?

*Academic year: First Semester (from September 2018 to December 2018 or January 2019) and Second semester (from January to May or June 2019).

Students can apply for the second semester (from January 2019 to May-June 2019). The session from 8th October to 2nd November 2018 is now closed.

The International Relations Office could help students for accommodation, within the limit of the number of places available, on the basis of the 1st come, 1st served. 

ATTENTION: If students want to come for the academic year 2019/2020, they have to apply on April 2019, not before.

How to apply for the second session?

Please, follow carefully the steps below:

  • Fill in the online Application form, print it in a PDF format and sign it (remember to download and to fill in the Accommodation request, if you are interested in).
    Please indicate a VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS that you can check regularly because you will receive a lot of important information!
  • Establish your Learning Agreement, (your university’s coordinator will provide one) and sign it.
  • Submit your Application Form and your Learning Agreement to your university’s coordinator for him to sign it.
    ATTENTION: without the Application Form and Learning Agreement signed by your university’s coordinator, no application will be accepted!
  • Attach on MoveOn application the copy of your learning agreement.
  • Send the 3 original (signed) documents by post mail to the following address:

Mrs Séverine QUILLIET
Incoming students
Université Savoie Mont Blanc
Direction des Relations Internationales
27, rue Marcoz
BP 1104
73011 CHAMBERY Cedex

No application sent after November 9th, 2018 will be accepted. 

Upon receipt of your complete file, the International Relations Office will send it to the faculty concerned for validation.

Wait for an answer from the International Relations Office telling you if your application is accepted or not.

Once your application is validated, the International Relations Office will send you an email containing:

For the foreign students outside European Union, the original of the acceptance letter to the University Savoie Mont Blanc will be sent to you by post mail to facilitate your steps for obtaining your visa.

Attention: we send the information relative to your registration and to your arrival in France at the e-mail address written on the application form. Think to look at your email box regularly.

For any question and/or problem concerning your pre-registration, please contact: Mrs Séverine QUILLIET.



Freemovers admissions

If you have any question, please contact directly:

Université Savoie Mont Blanc
Scolarité Centrale
27 rue Marcoz
Phone : +33 (0)
Mail :

– Campus France