A key player in the scientific, intellectual and economic development of the Savoie department and the Rhône-Alpes region, Université Savoie Mont Blanc has developed its research activities in varied domains, stretching from the exact sciences to the human and social sciences, passing through the engineering sciences, thereby keeping a balance between fundamental research and applied research.
Open on the outside and very often distinguished for its international relations, Université Savoie Mont Blanc takes advantage of its geographical location to implement collaborations with the universities of Torino, Vercelli, Lausanne and Geneva, in addition to its partnerships with the universities of Grenoble and Lyon.
A policy of wide dissemination of information about Scientific, Technical and Industrial Culture (CSTI) was initiated as early as 2002 as part of the agreements signed with the whole network of organisations, both cultural and institutional, in the Pays de Savoie, as well as being aimed at the general pubic, and young people in particular. Université Savoie Mont Blanc participates actively in this general dissemination, to which it contributes in many ways, special conferences, other events, meetings with the general public, etc.
Université Savoie Mont Blanc is a founding and current member of the Society for Technological Transfer – Grenoble Alpes Innovation Fast Track (SATT GIFT).
- 14 european projects
- 3 Horizon 2020 projects
- 6 PCRD projects
- 2 Interreg projects
- 1 Alpine Space project
- 2 bilateral projects with Brazil and Portugal
- 25 ANR projects
- 9 projects financed by the Rhône-Alpes region
- 8 ADEME projects
- 6 FUI projects
- 15 research units rated A or A+ by AERES
- 450 teaching and research staff
- 274 doctoral students of which 87 foreign doctoral students
- 54 defence of doctoral theses in 2014
- 10 HDR oral defence (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches) in 2014
- 4 LABEX
Key facts about the importance and impact of research
- 1 382 publications noted in the OST (Observatoire des Sciences et des Techniques) in 2013
- 24 patents pending
- The latest start-up created in 2012 : Ténévia
- 124 contracts signed between the laboratories of Université Savoie Mont Blanc and its socio-economic partners
- Research units, recognised in France and abroad
- Laboratories which have forged links with major organisations (CNRS, CEA, CERN, INRA, IRD…), other organisations at the cutting edge of innovation, such as INES or the Rhône-Alpes Region poles of competitiveness
- Cross-disciplinary approaches leading to innovatory work