- NEW! French and Sciences summer program - 3 weeks in June
Learn and practice French at our Accents language center, while deepening your knowledge of mountain science.
We're delighted to present this comprehensive summer university course, designed byUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc, in partnership with Campus France. It includes 40 hours of academics per week, and earns 4 ECTS credits.
In a nutshell ?
French lessons in the morning, themed workshops focusing on mountain sciences combined with field visits in the afternoon, plus the discovery of our sumptuous mountain landscapes on Saturday, and you've got just some of the ingredients for our fabulous French + Sciences program!
Subjects studied and analyzed ?
The environment, climate change, sustainable development in mountain regions, the impact of human activity on the ecosystem, and problems linked to rural and mountain tourism.
The Alps are an ideal setting for understanding environmental and climate issues, and for putting them into practice in the field.
A program full of learning and experiences: meetings, conferences with professionals and researchers, visits to laboratories, not forgetting the discovery of the iconic sites for which our region is famous.
French courses (3 hours a day each morning, for a total of 45 hours) take place in our French as a foreign language center, Accents, recognized by Qualité FLE . They are taught by our certified and experienced teachers. French language teaching is based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
∞ THEORY ∞ PRACTICE ∞ INNOVATION ∞ 4 ECTS
For international students at Bachelor 's level in scientific disciplines and/or sensitive to the theme, wishing to learn French and follow a scientific program in English at the same time.
NB: this is a bilingual program! In the mornings, French lessons, and the rest of the time, thematic lessons and workshops on mountain science in English.
What's in it for you? If you speak English, whatever your level of French, you can participate fully!
- Program dates: Friday, May 31 to Saturday, June 22 (in/out of accommodation)
- French course dates: June 3 to 21, 2024
- Duration: 3.5 weeks
- Hours: 40 hours per week (including 15 hours of French)
- Number of ECTS: 4
- Package price: €2,000 French course + mountain science course + university accommodation + workshops and activities
Public : International students at Bachelor 's level in scientific disciplines and/or with a special interest in the theme.
Once you have completed the registration form, to finalize your registration you must send :
- confirmation of payment of the450€ deposit(balance to be paid no more than 2 months before the start of the course, i.e. before March 31, 2024)
- a copy of your ID or passport
- a high school diploma (baccalaureate type) is recommended (academics not suitable for people who need literacy courses beforehand)
- NB: personal liability insurance is compulsory; the university declines all responsibility.