Email : frederic.pourraz –@– univ-smb.fr
Phone : +33(0) 4 50 09 65 39
Office : A115
Postal address : LISTIC – Polytech’Savoie, BP 80439, 74944 Annecy le Vieux Cedex, France
Fonctions / responsabilités
Theme : ReGaRD – Representation, management and data processing for human
Our research work focuses on the design of applications, systems with a strong software component for decision support in uncertain environments or contexts.
These software systems have the particularity:
- To process heterogeneous, multi-source, distributed, uncertain and/or incomplete information;
- To combine, aggregate this information to provide higher level information to the user to assist him in his decision making;
- To take into account changing situations (dynamic systems).
This multidisciplinary work is based on approaches in different scientific fields:
- Software engineering methods to describe the software system (distributed or not), its architecture (software entities and their interactions) in a dynamic context;
- Process engineering methods to describe the important processes to be implemented (information acquisition processes, decision-making processes, planning processes, development processes, tourism processes, etc.);
- Methods of representing uncertain information;
- Information fusion methods;
- Decision-making methods.
These software applications are intended to assist the user in making decisions: (1) the means of interacting with the user are important to consider as well as (2) the context(s) in which the application (or system) will be used.
The models used for the representation and fusion of uncertain information are essentially mathematical models. The algorithms we develop that implement these models are then integrated into software applications.
The models used for the design and description of software architectures and processes are largely based on pi-calculation.
Our current experiments (software prototypes) target interaction means using augmented reality for mobile applications that help the user in his decision making;
This work is applied in the field of mountains in situations presenting an avalanche risk and in the field of tourism.
Our work is experimental; the prototypes we develop are just proof of concept.