The Department of Physics offers courses at Bachelor level.
It is supported by three internationally renowned laboratories:
- Annecy Laboratory of Particle Physics (LAPP)
- Annecy Laboratory of Theoretical Physics (LAPTh)
- Institute of Microelectronics, Electromagnetism and Photonics - Microwave and Characterisation Laboratory (IMEP-LAHC )
The licences of Physics-Chemistry and Physics are carried out over three years.
They offer a general scientific education (mathematics, physics and chemistry) as well as complementary courses favouring professional integration or general culture.
The academics specialises from the first to the third year:
- The first year (L1) is common to students of mathematics, physics and chemistry (MPC portal).
- In the second year (L2), the academics specialises in three courses: Physics, Physics-Chemistry, Chemistry.
- In the third year (L3), the specialisation is accentuated in physics (for the 'L3' course).physics "), in chemistry (for the 'chemistry' pathway), or remains bi-disciplinary (for the ' physics and chemistry ")..
Professional degrees in the fields of physics and chemistry are accessible from the second year (L2), as well as engineering schools.
After the Licence, the student has the possibility to continue his studies:
- In one of the ten Master of Physics of the University of Grenoble Alpes
- Master Métiers de l'enseignement, de l'éducation et de la academics (MEEF) 2nd degree (course physical and chemical sciences and mathematics, physical and chemical sciences)