(reserved for 4th year Polytech Annecy-Chambéry students)
May-July 2022, 2 months
Student engineer in Mechanics and Materials 4th year
Annecy-le-vieux; Maison de la mécatronique; laboratoire Symme
This internship is in support of a project in the SYMME laboratory in the field of medical simulator: CANAL (Colorectal exAmiNation trAining simuLator). The aim is to continue the first work that has been published: L. Marechal, P. Balland, L. Lindenroth, F. Petrou, C. Kontovounisios and F. Bello, " Towards a Common Framework and Database of Materials for Soft Robotics ", Soft Robotics, June 2020.
The work will focus on the mechanical characterization of elastic polymeric materials and specifically the modeling of the Mullins effect in these elastomers.
of the Mullins effect in these elastomers. Tensile tests will be carried out. It is envisaged to use an optical extensometry system. The trainee will receive a academics on parameter determination by optimization algorithm to develop his/her skills.
Description of the mission :
- Implementation of elastic polymeric materials and creation of specimens.
- Tensile tests with an optical system for deformation measurement.
- Implementation of cyclic tensile tests.
- Data analysis and characterisation with hyperelastic models.
- Mechanical design of a specific small test bench, if required.
Luc.Marechal, teacher-researcher POLYTECH A-C / Symme