Lecturer, Polytech Annecy-Chambéry.
E-mail: sorana.cimpan-@- univ-smb.fr
Telephone: +33(0) 4 50 09 65 65 86-fax: +33(0) 4 50 09 65 .
Address: LISTIC - Polytech'Savoie, BP 80439, 74944 Annecy le Vieux Cedex, France
Duties / responsibilities.
Co-supervision of theses
|2001 - 2004 Co-supervision with F. Oquendo of the PhD thesis entitled: "ASL: a language and tools for architectural styles. Contribution to the description of dynamic architectures". Student: Fabien Leymonerie. This thesis is in direct alignment with my research activities on architectural styles. Defended on December 15, 2004.|
|2001 - 2004 Co-supervision with F. Oquendo and L. Scibile (CERN) of the PhD thesis entitled: "Approach and environment based on architectural styles for the development of domain-specific software. Application to the domain of particle accelerator restart supervision". Student : Olivier Ratcliffe. This thesis deals with the application of research results on architectural styles to the design of control systems for particle accelerators. This work is carried out in the framework of a collaboration between the laboratory and CERN, with the application of the results in the context of the new particle accelerator under construction at CERN. Defended on 16 December 2004.|
2002 - 2005 Co-supervision with F. Oquendo, and E. Benoit of the PhD thesis entitled: "Description of architectural styles for intelligent sensors". Student: Jérôme Revillard. This thesis deals with the application of research results on architectural styles to the problem of modelling intelligent sensor systems. This work is part of a collaboration with E. Benoit. Defended in October 2005.
2006 - 2010 Co-supervision with S. Ducasse, and H. Verjus of the PhD thesis entitled: "Model-driven architecture extraction". Student: Azadeh Razavizadeh. This thesis deals with the understanding of software systems, the goal being to extract high-level abstraction representations from the code. Defended in October 2010
Themes of research.
- Learning Analytics: how can educational data analysis improve students' academic journey? How visualization can help in managing educational offerings?
Previous themes :
- Software engineering: definition and use of architectural styles in the context of architecture-centric software development. Architecture extraction. Model-driven engineering.
Teaching at Polytech Annecy-Chambery
- IT modules: Data Analysis and Visualization, Object Oriented Design and Programming, Advanced Design, Quality Testing and Maintenance
- Modules at the intersection between computer science and social sciences: Digital Societies, Collaborative Platforms, Data Economy
- Responsible for the Learning Analytics Webinar deliverable - organization of a webinar for the 12 university partners (over 230 participants)
- Strong involvement in the Learning Analytics axis of the project
- USMB referent for the Inter-University Digital Campus workpackage
- Responsible for the Carthography batch offer academics
- Participation in the transversal axis Learning Analytics
- IT Working Group
GDR GPL: Programming and Software Engineering
QPES: Questions de Pédagogie dans l'Enseignement Supérieur
ICSP: International Conference on Software Process
Member of the Board of Directors of Polytech Annecy-Chambéry
Visiting researcher at Imperial College during the period September 2016-August 2018
Lecturer at Poltytech Annecy-Chambéry since September 2000
D. in computer science - 2000 Univ. of Savoie.
DEA Foundations of computer science and discrete mathematics - 1997 Univ.de Savoie.
DEA Artificial Intelligence - 1996 Univ.Babes Boyai, Cluj. Romania.