- Open access gives your doctoral thesis real visibility at national and international level, making it easy to consult.
- Internet publication enables the major specialized search engines to harvest your thesis data and offer it as a search result to a wider community.
- The option of free distribution on the Internet offers you an additional guarantee against plagiarism in addition to official dating, since your work will be known by a multitude of people.
If the author of the thesis refuses its distribution, electronic access to the thesis will be restricted to members of the French Higher Education and Research community via an intranet.
The author can also choose to freely distribute his thesis after an embargo period during which the thesis will only be distributed on the intranet.
Access to the full text varies according to the author's choice of distribution channel
On local platforms for theses defended at the USMB
On national platforms
On international platforms
As a doctor, you are responsible for the quality of the data in your thesis, and for ensuring that it is properly referenced on national and international platforms.
A number of points need to be checked before the BU can archive and distribute your thesis.
Registration / Submission of thesis before defense: the doctoral school Doctoral School is your point of contact for
- provide information on the administrative aspects of your thesis
- and support you on the ADUM application for thesis administrative data
Perpetual archiving / Thesis reporting and distribution: the library is your point of contact for
- guide you through the archiving and distribution of your thesis
- accompany you on the ADUM application to enter data specific to thesis distribution
- archiving, reporting and distributing your thesis after defense