Working hand in hand, the Bureau d'Aide à l'Insertion Professionnelle (BAIP) and the Club des Entreprises de l'USMB (USMB Business Club) offer a wide range of initiatives to help you find your feet on the job market.
Thanks to its network and expertise in the job market, the Bureau d'Aide à l'Insertion Professionnelle (BAIP) can support you throughout your university career, helping you to discuss your career plans, discover careers, find an internship and more.
Hot tip: the BAIP is part of the SUOIP (Service Universitaire d'Information, d'Orientation et d'Insertion Professionnelle).
The BAIP organizes one-to-one interviews with a career advisor, group workshops on practical topics, and career integration modules integrated into your courses.
On the network side, the BAIP works in partnership with the main employment players in the Rhône-Alpes region: Pôle Entrepreneuriat oZer, Club des Entreprises de l'Université de Savoie, Pôle Emploi, MIFE, CIH EDF, Missions Locales Jeunes, EGEE, MEDEF, CGPME, Chambéry Métropole, CCI, Conseils départementaux, etc.
- To be as close as possible to the realities of companies and the expectations of recruiters!
- Taking stock and asking the right questions
- Have a constructive discussion with a friendly advisor
- Because it's reassuring to be accompanied by a professional
- To give yourself the best chance of standing out from the crowd
Whatever your course of study and year, the BAIP can help you find internships, work-study placements and jobs in a variety of areas, such as :
- design your application tools (CV and cover letter)
- defining your career plan (jobs accessible after your academics...)
- preparing for a recruitment interview
- identify and develop your skills
- developing your professional network (LinkedIn profile, etc.)
- master's application strategy
- finding companies for internships, student jobs or first jobs
It's easy to get personalized support from one of our BAIP advisors!
Contact the BAIP by e-mail or telephone on 04 79 75 94 83.
Don't hesitate to specify the points you'd like to discuss with the advisor, as well as your availability. The interview can take place face-to-face on your campus or by videoconference.
They are held from 9am to 12pm and 2pm to 4pm, by appointment:
- Campus du Bourget: Tuesdays on the first floor of the BU (Bât. 10)
- Jacob campus: Wednesdays and Fridays at Bât. 20 - Espace de vie étudiante (EVE)
- Annecy campus: Thursdays, at the Bray farm behind BU
Workshops are held throughout the year, either face-to-face on campus or by videoconference.
They generally last 1 hour, and are held in small groups to encourage discussion.
A wide range of topics are covered, depending on the university calendar (finding an internship, a work-study program, preparing to enter a Master's program, finding a summer job, etc.). The BAIP is there to help you in any situation, at any time!
To find out the dates of upcoming workshops, please consult theCampus Calendar.
Internships, work-study programs and jobs
Thanks to the Career Center of the Club des Entreprises de l'USMB, find the internship, work-study program or job that's right for you!
This web interface gives you, the student, access to a multitude of offers available in just one click (or almost). Some of these offers are reserved exclusively for USMB students, so don't delay!
To create a free account and access job vacancies, visit the Club des entreprises website.
the business club
A unique network in France, the Club des Entreprises is an association made up of 100 member companies and local authorities, and over 1,000 partner companies and institutions.
Through its network, it acts as a link between the USMB and the players in the Savoie Mont Blanc region, and puts you in direct contact with the professional world.
The Club des Entreprises promotes your courses and student profiles to companies, so that they hire YOU tomorrow!
In collaboration with the BAIP, it can also help you find an internship, work-study program or assignment, thanks to hundreds of offers available on its Career Center.
Events not to be missed
Activities and events specifically dedicated to professional integration are organized throughout the year.
Events not to be missed include :
- the Semaine de l'Emploi et de l'Entreprise, a week dedicated to professional integration, held every year in November
- the Stages' Festival and Job Dating de l'Alternance, to meet your future companies
- the Forums des métiers, a symposium on training and career opportunities in the various fields of academics
- PoZ' Barcamp, to discover entrepreneurship
While you are waiting for your appointment with the BAIP, here are a few resources that may help you with your professional project:
- Pôle Emploi's YouTube channel, with lots of tutorials and tips
- the right box for your unsolicited applications
- the right work-study program, to guide you in your search for a work-study program
- Pôle Emploi's MétierScope, to find information on a specific profession
- the Cleor website, to discover the job market by profession and by region