The administrative procedures are not the same depending on your country of origin.

  • Students who are nationals of a country of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland

You must have the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to come to French territory. This card is free and must be requested in your country of origin. It must imperatively cover the entire duration of your stay.

  • Students who are nationals of a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA)

It is MANDATORY to subscribe to the French Social Security by registering online. This is a novelty since the 2018/2019 academic year relating to Health Insurance. It is free of charge!

Students who are Quebec nationals and who submit form SE 401-Q-106 receive on-site coverage of their health expenses. They must also register  onlinebut have no other residence permit to provide.


Common provision for all students, regardless of their country of origin.

This is a mutual health insurance scheme, which is optional and not compulsory.

If you wish to supplement social security reimbursements, you can join the complementary health insurance scheme of your choice (a student mutual insurance company, your parents' mutual insurance company, another complementary organisation, etc.). The level and nature of the benefits of supplementary health insurance vary according to the contract.

For more information...