The administrative procedures are not the same depending on your country of origin.

  • Students who are nationals of a country of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland

You must have the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to come to French territory. This card is free of charge and must be requested in your country of origin. It must cover the entire duration of your stay.

  • Students who are nationals of a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA)

It is MANDATORY to subscribe to French social security by registering online. C’est une nouveauté depuis l’année universitaire 2018/2019 relative à l’Assurance Maladie.  C’est gratuit !

Students who are Quebec nationals and who submit the SE 401-Q-106 form benefit from on-site coverage of their health expenses. They must also register  online, mais n’ont pas d’autre titre de séjour à fournir.


Common provision for all students, regardless of their country of origin.

It is a mutual health insurance, optional and not mandatory.

If you wish to supplement the social security reimbursements, you can join the complementary health insurance of your choice (a student mutual insurance company, your parents' mutual insurance company, another complementary body, etc.). The level and nature of supplementary health benefits vary according to the contracts.

For more information...