Doctoral studies, training in research through research, lead to the rank of doctor following a thesis defence.
As part of doctoral studies, training courses are organized to enable doctoral students to carry out their research projects. These courses are intended to prepare future doctors, not only for the profession of researcher in the public or private sector, but also for all professions requiring this level of study.
Doctoral students at the Université Savoie Mont Blanc are attached to one of the following doctoral schools:
- Systems, Environmental and Organizational Sciences and Engineering (SISEO - ED 489)
- Chemistry and Life Sciences (CSV - ED 218)
- Electronics, electrical engineering, automation, signal processing (EEATS - ED 220)
- Engineering - Materials, Mechanics, Environment, Energy, Processes, Production (IMEP2 - ED 510)
- Engineering for Health, Cognition and Environment (EDISCE - ED 216)
- Mathematics, information science and technology, informatics (MSTII - ED 217)
- Physics of Grenoble (Physics - ED 47)
- Earth, Universe, Environment (TUE - ED 105)
The USMB Doctoral College (CODUSMB) organizes training modules open to all USMB doctoral students regardless of their home doctoral school. Doctoral students also have access to training organized by their doctoral school.
All registrations for training courses organised by the USMB or doctoral schools are made via the ADUM (in the doctoral student's personal space).