Doctoral studies, academics research through research, lead to the degree of doctor following a thesis defence.
Within the framework of doctoral studies, training courses are organised to enable doctoral students to carry out their research project. These training courses are designed to prepare future PhDs not only for the profession of researcher in the public or private sector, but also for all the professions requiring this level of study.
The doctoral students of the University Savoie Mont Blanc are attached to one of the following doctoral schools :
- Systems, Environmental and Organizational Sciences and Engineering (SISEO - ED 489)
- Chemistry and Life Sciences (CSV - ED 218)
- Electronics, electrical engineering, automation, signal processing (EEATS - ED 220)
- Engineering - Materials, Mechanics, Environment, Energy, Processes, Production (IMEP2 - ED 510)
- Engineering for Health, Cognition and the Environment (EDISCE - ED 216)
- Mathematics, Information Science and Technology, Informatics (MSTII - ED 217)
- Physics of Grenoble (Physics - ED 47)
- Earth, Universe, Environment (TEU - ED 105)
The USMB Doctoral College (CODUSMB) organizes modules academics open to all USMB doctoral students regardless of their doctoral school. Doctoral students also have access to training courses organised by their doctoral school.
All registrations for training courses organised by the USMB or the doctoral schools are made via the ADUM (in the doctoral student's personal space).