The USMB considers it necessary to reflect on the issue of equality between women and men, as the differences in careers and status between women and men at the university remain so great, and carries out this mission along the following lines:
- developing and consolidating an inventory of the situation with regard to parity, interacting, in particular, with the institution's social balance sheet,
- identify and detect the conditions in which any gender-based discrimination develops,
- to propose to the institution's authorities, on the basis of this observation, and on the basis of experiences already developed in other institutions, ways of progress,
- to advance knowledge of gender issues and raise awareness in the academic community,
- promote a dynamic of equality between women and men.
A commission for equality between women and men made up of BIATSS staff, teacher-researchers and teachers is working on the elaboration of a charter for equality between women and men.
USMB Charter on communication without gender stereotyping
- Find the USMB charter on communication without gender stereotypes
- For more information on communicating without gender stereotypes
Stop Gender and Sexual Violence in Higher Education Campaign
Equality between women and men is declared by the President of the Republic to be the "great national cause" of the quinquennium. The commitment to gender equality is reaffirmed by Frédérique Vidal, Minister of Higher Education, Research and Innovation on 8 March 2018: the awareness-raising campaign on gender-based and sexual violence in higher education is one of the priority measures.
A reception and listening unit has been set up to combat gender-based and sexual violence. This mechanism, which enables all victims to receive support and assistance in cases of gender-based and sexual violence, has been operational since the beginning of the 2018 school year.
To contact this cell, one number to dial: the 3919. A free and specialized telephone number that guarantees anonymity.
IT TAKES PLACE WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE GENDER EQUALITY MISSION.
The "Shoot the Discrimination" video contest.
The gender equality mission of the University of Savoie Mont Blanc has launched, in collaboration with the Rectorate of Grenoble and theGrenoble Alpes University and in partnership with the Grenoble Alpes University Community (ComUE UGA), the "Shoot les discriminations" operation by organising a major annual video competition.
Price giving (date to be determined)
More Equality Festival
Taking the time to ask questions, accepting confrontation, imagining solutions, but above all reflecting together and debating together around questions of equality, this is the objective of the different meetings of this festival. The USMB proposes conferences, round tables and meetings with artists and specialists who will question our representations of the relationship between women and men.
In collaboration with USMB students, the mission Equality Women - Men proposes round tables on the themes of equality between women and men.
Training and awareness sessions
The mission Equality Women - Men proposes, in collaboration with the Human Resources Department of the University of Savoie Mont Blanc, awareness sessions.