COVID-19 - Re-entry Procedures 2020-2021
The University of Savoie Mont Blanc has decided to welcome at the beginning of the academic year 2020-2021 all its international students, insofar as the reopening of the borders and, if necessary, the obtaining of a visa, will have allowed them to come to France.
Issuance of VISAS
Resumption of visa issuance in all consulates: study visas are treated as a priority, to enable international students to reach French territory (access is now possible for students from the green zone and will be possible for those from the red zone under conditions that will be specified shortly).
Access to the territory
- If you come from one of the countries in the European area: you can now enter France without any restriction related to the fight against COVID-19 and without having to make a fourteen on your arrival in France.
- If you come from one of the countries in the green zone: the French borders are also open if you come from one of these countries, without quarantine measures, apart from symptomatic people.
- If you come from one of the countries in the red zone: international students should be exempted from border closures. Subject to further clarification, you will be able to return to France if you have a valid residence permit or if you obtain a student visa in the coming weeks. In order to facilitate border crossings, you will need to bring the following with you the international travel certificate as well as a sworn statement of absence of symptoms.
*For more information on the issuance of VISAS and access to the territory, please consult the Circular: Clarifications regarding visa issuance and access to the territory (DGESIP, 7/07/2020)
Registration fees for the start of the academic year 2020-2021
Partial exemption from differentiated tuition fees for certain students in international mobility for the academic year 2020-2021
(Deliberation of the Board of Directors of the Université Savoie Mont Blanc N°2020.02.18-5.3.1 of February 18, 2020)
The Board of Directors of the University of Savoie Mont Blanc has approved partial exemption from differentiated registration fees for international students subject to tax, reducing the amount of their registration fees to the same sum as that paid by French students for the duration of the preparation of the diploma, subject to compliance with the conditions of attendance at lectures and examinations and the completion of the compulsory internships provided for in the model.
The application for registration at the USMB of the students concerned is equivalent to a request for partial exemption from registration fees.
The partial exemption applies subject to France's European and international commitments and in compliance with any agreements concluded by the establishment.
Back to school 2020-2021
The University of Savoie Mont Blanc will be back on the 1st of September. September 2020. You will receive more specific information on the starting date of your teaching depending on your pedagogical registration.
The teaching conditions are likely to vary according to the evolution of the health context linked to Covid-19: some courses could become hybrid and take place partly in person (physically on your campus) and partly remotely (via an internet connection on computer).
The university will be closed from Monday, July 27 to Sunday, August 23, 2020.
GET TO KNOW USMB BETTER
- Presentation film of the University of Savoie Mont Blanc : French, Français
- Slideshow presentation of the University of Savoie Mont Blanc : French
- Presentation brochure of the University of Savoie Mont Blanc in French (updated 2019), English (updated 2019), German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese.
- Survival kit for international students at the University Savoie Mont Blanc : French, English
ACCORDING TO YOUR PROFILE
|Exchange Students||You come to USMB under a privileged partnership between your home university and USMB, either through the Erasmus programme or through a bilateral agreement. To find out if your university has a cooperation agreement with USMB, please consult the international relations office of your home university.|
|Individual student freemovers||You wish to come to the University of Savoie Mont Blanc as an individual, without a partnership agreement between the higher education institution in which you are studying in your country and the University of Savoie Mont Blanc. You will thus have the same status as French students.|
|Doctoral student or teacher-researcher||You are a doctoral student or a foreign teacher-researcher and you wish to come to the University Savoie Mont Blanc? You will find here some information to finance your mobility.|
Reception, information and advice for international students and doctoral students:
- Obtaining a visa
- Search for accommodation/contact CLOUS/procedure VISALE
- CVECs and registrations (on request)
- Visa validation (OFII)
- Renewal of residence permit
- Opening a bank account
- Membership Social security/mutual information
- French course information - ACCENTS
- To have access to psychological, medical and health issues
- Information on events organised by the DRI
- Preparing to leave France
- Other possible questions (on request)
Contact details : Tel : 04 79 75 91 15 - Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org