You come - or wish to come - toUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc in the framework of a partnership between your home university and the USMB, through the Erasmus+ program, a specific program or a bilateral agreement.
- To find out if your university has a cooperation agreement withUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc, contact the international relations department of your home university.
- To consult our Fact Sheet: USMB Information sheet for academic year 2023-2024
- Do you have questions about the steps to take, your accommodation, life in the region?
Consult the practical information
- Video presentation for ISEP students : France Pre-Departure Orientation
How do I register?
ATTENTION: Before registering you must be nominated by the international relations office of your universitywho will send us your application. No direct application will be considered.
Your registration at the University involves 4 steps:
- a pre-registration via the MoveOnline software, in March for the 1st semester and October for the 2nd semester, before your arrival in France
- depending on your case, thepayment of the Student Life and Campus Contribution (CVEC) upon your arrival in France
- an administrative registration upon arrival in France
- a pedagogical registration after having been administratively registered
Your registration step by step:
The Welcome Centre ofUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc sends each year to the International Relations Department of the partner universities an official document indicating the registration procedures and dates.
Your pre-registration consists of entering your application online on MoveOn (1) and then sending it to the Welcome Centre by email (2).
1- Enter your application online for the year 2023/2024
Students planning to study atUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc as part of an exchange program (Erasmus, bilateral agreements, double-diploma, ISEP, ORA, BCI, SEMP...) during the 2023/2024 academic year must first ensure that they have been selected (nominated) by their university to study at our university (deadline forsending nomination before October 20, 2023) and then register online on Moveon before November 12, 2023.
The Welcome Centre can assist students with their housing search, subject to availability. Housing will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
2- Sending the electronic file by email
In order for us to be able to guarantee you a quality welcome, we would be grateful if you would respect the following deadlines and procedure:
- Fill out the MoveOn application form online, save it as a PDF and sign it, then send it to your home university for signature.
- Download and complete the housing application (even if you're not interested) + sign it.
Please indicate THE VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS that you regularly use to receive useful information.
- Draw up your study contract with 30 ECTS (=Learning Agreement, the blank form of which will be provided to you by your home university), sign it and send it to the coordinator of your home university.
- ATTENTION: your pre-registration request cannot be accepted if your application form and your study contract are not signed by the coordinator of your home university.
- Attach a copy of your study contract, housing application (+ transcript), and your student records to the MoveOn online application only if you are applying for an international semester in English).
Send your complete file signed (application form, accommodation request and study contract (+ transcripts only if you are applying for an international semester in English)) before November 12, 2023 by e-mail to Ms Séverine QUILLIET, coordinator of incoming exchange mobility and the Welcome Centre at the International Relations Department: email@example.com
Take the time to work on your application with your home university. Any incomplete and/or late application will be rejected.
As soon as we receive this file, the Welcome Centre will send your application to the relevant component for validation.
Wait for the Welcome Centre to inform you by e-mail of the receipt of your application, the acceptance (or not) of your application as well as the important data concerning your arrival and your stay.
Once your application is validated, the Welcome Centre will send you an e-mail containing :
- the letter of acceptance atUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc,
- an information pack containing: the list of documents required for your administrative registration, the dates of welcome meetings, the list of contact persons in your component.
Please note: We send information about your registration and your arrival in France to the email address you provide in the application form. Please check your e-mail box regularly.
If you have any questions and/or problems regarding your pre-registration, please contact The Welcome Centre
The Student and Campus Life Contribution (CVEC) is intended to promote the reception and social, health, cultural and sports support of students and to reinforce the prevention and health education actions carried out for them.
If you are an international exchange student in France, you are not concerned by this contribution. You do not have to pay it.
EXCEPTION: Double-degree students who pay their tuition fees atUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc must pay the CVEC. Double-degree students who pay their tuition fees at their home university do not pay the CVEC.
Your proof of payment (or exemption) must be presented to your school when you register
When you arrive in France, you must officially register atUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc. The registration is done in 2 steps: an administrative registration and a pedagogical registration.
- In September for the first semester and for the whole academic year
- In January-February for the second semester
Prior to registration, welcome meetings are organized by the Welcome Centre of the International Relations Department, which will help you fill in the registration form and present you with useful information about your stay in the Savoie region (social security, insurance, housing assistance, etc.)
Your presence is essential; your invitation (date and time) for the registration is given to you on that day.
What documents should I bring?
Please present yourself at the registration with the requested documents:
- For students from the European Economic Area
- For students who are not nationals of the European Economic Area
The pedagogical registration corresponds to the choice of the courses you wish to follow, according to your studies in your country of origin, and according to your component of belonging to theUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc.
The "international relations international relations" of your component will give you a booklet summarizing all the courses given.
Coordinator of the welcome and incoming mobility center,
in charge of exchange students
Phone number : 04 79 75 85 70
Université Savoie Mont Blanc - International Relations Department
Welcome Centre - Building 14 - Jacob Campus
18 rue Jean-Baptiste Richard BP 1104
F- 73011 JACOB-BELLECOMBETTE