Exchange program

You are coming - or would like to come - toUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc as part of a partnership between your home university and the USMB, through the Erasmus+ program, a specific program or a bilateral agreement.

How do I register?

ATTENTION: Before registering you must be nominated by your university's international relations officewho will send us your application. No direct applications will be considered.

There are 4 stages to your registration at the University:

  1. pre-registration via the MoveOnline software, in March for the 1st semester and October for the 2nd semester, before your arrival in France
  2. if applicable,payment of the Contribution de Vie Etudiante et de Campus (CVEC) upon arrival in France
  3. administrative registration on arrival in France
  4. a pedagogical registration after having been administratively registered

Your registration step by step :

Every year, the Welcome Centre atUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc sends the International Relations departments of partner universities an official document setting out the registration procedures and dates.

Your pre-registration consists of entering your application online on MoveOn (1), then sending it by e-mail to the Welcome Centre (2).

1- Enter your application online for 2024/2025

Students planning to study atUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc as part of an exchange program (Erasmus, bilateral agreements, double-diploma, ISEP, ORA, BCI, SEMP...) during the 2024/2025 academic year must first ensure that they have been selected (nominated) by their university to study at our university (deadline forsending nomination before March 31, 2024) and then register online on Moveon before April 30, 2024.

Depending on the agreement, it is possible to come for the 1st semester (September to December, or even January) or the whole year (September to April, or even May).

Students wishing to come only in the 2nd semester (January to May, or even June) must wait until October to apply (another mobility campaign will be launched at that time).

The Welcome Centre can help students find accommodation, subject to availability. Accommodation will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.

2- Sending the electronic file by e-mail

In order to guarantee you a high quality welcome, please respect the following deadlines and procedure:

  • Fill in the MoveOn application form online, save it as a PDF file, sign it and send it to your home university for signature.
  • Download and complete the housing application (even if you're not interested) + sign it.
    Please indicate THE VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS that you use regularly to receive useful information.
  • Draw up your study contract with 30 ECTS (=Learning Agreement, a blank form of which will be provided by your home university), sign it and send it to the coordinator at your home university.
  • ATTENTION: your pre-registration request cannot be accepted if your application form and study contract have not been signed by the coordinator of your home university.
  • Attach a copy of your study contract, your housing application (+ transcript of grades) and a copy of your student card to the MoveOn online application. only if you are applying for an international semester in English).

Send your complete file signed (application form, accommodation request and study contract (+ transcripts only if you are applying for an international semester in English)) before May 10, 2024 by e-mail to Ms Séverine QUILLIET, coordinator of incoming exchange mobility and the Welcome Centre at the International Relations Department:

Take the time to work on your application with your home university. Incomplete and/or late applications will be rejected.

As soon as we receive your application, the Welcome Centre will forward it to the appropriate department for approval.

Wait for the Welcome Centre to inform you by e-mail that your application has been received, your application has been accepted (or not) and that you have received all the important information concerning your arrival and your stay.

Once your application has been validated, the Welcome Centre will send you an e-mail containing :

  • letter of acceptance toUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc,
  • an information pack containing: the list of documents required for your administrative registration, the dates of welcome meetings, the list of contact persons at your component.

Please note: We send information about your registration and arrival in France to the e-mail address you enter on the application form. Please check your mailbox regularly.

If you have any questions or problems concerning your pre-registration, please contact : The Welcome Centre

The Contribution de Vie Etudiante et de Campus (CVEC) (Student and Campus Life Contribution) is intended to promote social, health, cultural and sports support for students, and to bolster preventive and health education initiatives aimed at them.

If you are an international exchange student in France, you are not concerned by this contribution. You don't have to pay it.

EXCEPTION: Double-degree students who pay registration fees atUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc must pay the CVEC. Double-degree students who pay registration fees at their home university do not pay the CVEC.

What is the CVEC?

CVEC: How to pay?

Please present your certificate of payment (or exemption) to your school when you register.

Tuto / Video from Campus France: La CVEC(version FR),(version EN),(version ES),

When you arrive in France, you'll need to register officially atUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc. Registration takes place in 2 stages: an administrative registration and a pedagogical registration.


  • In September for the first semester and the whole academic year
  • January-February for the second half-year

Prior to registration, welcome meetings are organized by the Welcome Centre of the International Relations Department, which will help you fill in the registration form and provide useful information about your stay in the Savoie region (social security, insurance, housing assistance, etc.).

Your presence is essential; your invitation (date and time) for registration will be given to you on that day.

What documents should I bring?

Please present yourself at registration with the required documents:

  • For students from the European Economic Area
  • For students from outside the European Economic Area

Enrolment means choosing the courses you wish to take, based on your studies in your home country, and on the component to which you belong atUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc.

The "international relations international relations" contacts in your will give you a booklet summarizing all the courses offered.

IR relays for USMB components


photo séverine 2022

Séverine Quilliet

Reception and incoming mobility coordinator,
in charge of exchange students


Telephone: 04 79 75 85 70


Location :
Université Savoie Mont Blanc - International Relations Department
Welcome Centre - Bâtiment 14 - Campus de Jacob
18 rue Jean-Baptiste Richard BP 1104