The USMB staff have the possibility to carry out a mobility of academics, teaching or prospecting in an institution of another European country member of Erasmus+.
These stays allow the development of partnerships, the improvement of knowledge sharing in Europe, the discovery of the working methods of European colleagues and the exchange of experiences and good practices.
- Mobility of academics (Erasmus+ STT: Staff Training mobility)
This means taking part in an activity at academics, internship, observation, in a company or in a higher education institution (including structured courses, intensive hybrid programmes, academics language, participation in a staff week, summer school...).
- Teaching mobility (Erasmus+ STA: Staff mobility for Teaching Assignment)
This involves teaching courses that are integrated into the curriculum of the partner institution. This mobility can take place in any academic branch or discipline.
- Organizational Support Mobility (OS: Organizational Support)
This involves prospecting, developing or strengthening partnerships, and organising the international mobility of students. These mobilities must be part of a coherent global strategic framework of the component to which they are attached.
Please note: conferences are not eligible for staff mobility.
ALL USMB staff (permanent and contractual).
In a country participating in the programme :
- European Union countries
- Non-EU participating countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Northern Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey
You can consult :
The Erasmus+ Agency authorises stays of 2 days to 2 months, excluding travel time, in participating countries.
Currently, the funding granted by the USMB for the stay is 4 days on site maximum + 1 day of travel compensation.
NB: The duration of funding is adjusted annually according to the number of applications and the available budget.
For teaching mobilities :
- Minimum 8 hours of teaching for a establishment higher education institutions holding the Erasmus Charter
- 4 hours minimum of teaching in the case of a combined teaching/work placement academics
For organizational support mobilities :
Only one application is possible per person, including up to 4 mobility missions. Each mobility mission offers the possibility of visiting 1 to 4 universities in 2 countries.
The funding attached to these mobilities is European flat-rate.
A financial envelope for travel and accommodation expenses will be paid to the staff by the USMB.
- The travel package is calculated according to the distance in kilometres between the place of administrative residence and the place of destination
Distance calculator of the European Commission
- The stay package is calculated according to the duration of the activity (days on site) and the country of destination.
For staff with disabilities, specific funding at actual cost is granted to cover additional costs related to mobility abroad.
For the academics and teaching mobilities validated by the International Relations Orientation Commission:
- Payment of a grant directly to the staff concerned, who will then take charge of their mobility (reservation and purchase of travel tickets, hotels, etc.)
- An advance of 100% of the travel amount and 75% of the stay amount will be made before the mobility.
- The balance of 25% of the amount of the stay will be paid at the end of the mobility upon receipt of the supporting documents.
According to the certificate of attendance :
- for shorter effective mobilities: downward adjustment of the number of funded days of stay
- for effective mobilities longer than those validated by CORI: no financial adjustment upwards
For Organizational Support (OS) mobilities:
USMB staff do not receive a grant. It is the component that receives a part of the Erasmus+ package corresponding to the mission carried out.
Calculation of the Erasmus+ share: USMB calculation basis
- University visit: 3 European perdiem + travel package
- Visit to 2 or more universities: 4 perdiem + travel package
Then: Percentage of perdiem and travel, defined on the basis of the following prorata: OS amount allocated to these trips / total possible Erasmus+ amount.
In view of the strategic choices defined by the International Relations Steering Committee, it was decided to encourage as much as possible travel to :
- cross-border regions and the Alpine arc (Northern Italy, Southern Germany, Austria and Slovenia)
- Mobilities within the "Unita Universitas Montium" alliance: the University of Turin (Italy), the University of Zaragoza (Spain), the University of Beira Interior (Portugal) and the University of West Timisoara (Romania)
- destinations that generate student mobility, particularly English-speaking and Scandinavian countries.
Applications must be validated by the component to which they belong before being sent to the International Relations Department.
1st campaign 2021-2022
Mobilities of academics, teaching or combined:
Before Thursday 15 July : The international relations relays of the components must send all the completed and signed documents indicated below to the Erasmus + Unit, DRI Marcoz.
- Teaching Mobility (STA) : Component approval for APS trip + Educational contract to be signed by the three parties
- Mobility from academics (STT): Component approval for STT trip + Educational contract to be signed by the three parties
- Combined mobility (STA and STT) : Component authorization for combined STA and STT travel + Educational contract to be signed by the three parties
Scanned and electronic signatures will be accepted according to the national legislation in force.
Review of applications :
Mobility requests are examined by the International Relations Orientation Commission (CORI) according to the following schedule:
- early September 2021 for the1st call for applications 2021-2022
- early January 2022 for the 2nd call for applications 2021-2022
- early April 2022 for the 3rd call for applications 2021-2022
Validation of applications :
At the end of each CORI, the structures will be informed of the validated mobilities.
Staff will receive a mobility contract drawn up by the International Relations Department specifying the number of days of mobility and the amount of the grant allocated. This document is to be completed and signed by the staff member before his or her departure on mobility.
A certificate of attendance must be signed on site and sent to the USMB International Relations Department - Erasmus+ Unit.
For combined STA and STT mobilities, the academics part of which takes place in a different institution from the teaching, 2 attestations of attendance must be filled in and signed.
A mobility report will be filled in online. Staff will receive directly an access link to the European Commission's database.
Organizational Support (OS) Mobility:
Payments to the components will be made once all mobility has been completed.