The Université Québec à Trois Rivières (UQTR), the Haute École Spécialisée de Suisse Occidentale (HES-SO ) and theUniversité Savoie Mont Blanc (USMB ) have created the Réseau d'Échanges et de Liaisons entre Institutions d'Enseignement supérieur Francophones (RELIEF).
Presentation of the network
An agreement was signed in 2018 between the three founding institutions of the network: Université Québec à Trois Rivières (UQTR), the Haute École Spécialisée de Suisse Occidentale (HES-SO ) and Université Savoie Mont Blanc (USMB)
It marks the will to continue the collaborative actions undertaken previously (notably in the organisation of international schools in French) and to develop new collaborative projects with other partners.
The creation of the network :
The network now has three founding members:
- Université Québec à Trois Rivières (UQTR)
- lhe University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland (HES-SO)
- l'Université Savoie Mont Blanc
and three associated partners:
- Gaston Berger University of Saint Louis (UGB ) in Senegal
- Cheikh Anta Diop University of Dakar (UCAD) in Senegal
- the International Institute for Water and Environmental Engineering (2iE) in Burkina Faso.
RELIEF in practice
Organisation of International Summer Schools (ISS)
Since 2015, the universities of the RELIEF network have been organising annual International Summer Schools (ISS) in the fields of renewable energy, education in the digital age, and aquatic ecology.
These summer schools are available:
- students at the end of their Master's or doctoral studies at member universities and associated partners
- to professionals
- stakeholders from governmental organisations and the business community in French-speaking countries
About the 2018 edition held in Chamonix:
About EIE Teaching in the Digital Age :
Joint participation in events
The founding members of the RELIEF network frequently participate in the French Language and Francophonie Week with joint activities.
On this occasion, the USMB and its partners propose quizzes on the French language and French expressions, dictations and conferences on the French-speaking world with the support of the Pôle Langues ACCENTS of the USMB.
In March 2018, the member universities of the RELIEF network participated - with a joint stand - in this international event. Based on this first experience, UQTR, HES-SO and USMB are renewing their joint participation under the banner of the RELIEF network at the virtual 2022 edition.
RELIEF on the ground